• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ryzen 9 3900X OC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trickson69

I got a Ryzen 9 3900X off Ebay for $200.00 American Dollars.
The seller said it was only 4.1 Ghz, I bought it put it in my system and all I can say is HOLY WOW!
This is the fastest CPU I have EVER had; I have to show off some of my stuff if that is, okay?
Specs are. Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus MB Rip Jaws DDR4 3466MHhz Ram (At 3466Mhz).
CPU Ryzen 9 3900X at 4.3Ghz, Cooler master Mirror liquid cooler, ASUS TUF GTX1650S video card.
OCCT-Screenshot-20221128-151433.png

CBR23.jpg

cpu-z.jpg

IMG-0264.jpg

IMG-0260.jpg

IMG-0113.jpg

This is what it runs. It is the Brain the heart and soul of my HT.
Not bad for a used Ebay Chip.
What do you think?

So, you overclocked it to all cores using 4.3 GHz? Not bad!

It boosts two cores alone to 4.6 GHz out of the box. Not sure what the buyer is trying to tell you about 4.1 GHz. Is that what it's supposed to run with all cores/threads by default, perhaps? Not sure.

But yeah, 3000 series is a significant upgrade from the 100 series... no doubt.

Is that a 280 or 360 cooler? Those are pretty good temps for 1.35v, I think my 3700 would be 15 degrees hotter at least and it's under a custom loop.

The seller said all cores 4.1Ghz the seller was not very good I guess at over clocking I can get it to run all core at 4.4Ghz but I have to give 1.45 volts and I and not willing to risk killing my Chip.
I can get all cores to run at 4.3Ghz no problem.
The cooler I bought.

105+ wats and the temps were too high they maxed out and well I need better cooling for 4.4Ghz but I can run it "Normally" but running things like line pack take the temps to the max with a warning. So I backed it down to 4.3Ghz and 1.35 Vcore (Auto).
It was fully stable and all just to hot and I am not sure what would be able to cool this Chip down everything I looked at is the same old crap I have or do not want.
I wish I could get this chip cooler and at the 4.4 with 1.45Vcore. that is like 105 Watts to cool or more not sure but that is the reading in the bios and CPU-Z.
At 4.3Ghz and Auto voltage it is reaches up to 87*C CPU package reading.

vcore.jpg

This is where I like my temps when just doing normal things.
Just wished it would be fully stable like this at 4.4Ghz anyone got any suggestions?
This chip is a BEAST!

Keep your chip below 95C and you'll be OK.

But that is the reading in the bios and CPU-Z.
Your BIOS, nor CPUz reads real-time wattage. It's a 105W chip out of the box. With your settings on auto, it makes sense it peaks around 105W. Coretemp reads real-time wattage and so does Hwinfo64.

Part of overclocking is finding the highest clock with the least amount of voltage. Maybe tweak the Vcore down and see what you can get. ;)

Keep your chip below 95C and you'll be OK.

Your BIOS, nor CPUz reads real-time wattage. It's a 105W chip out of the box. With your settings on auto, it makes sense it peaks around 105W. Coretemp reads real-time wattage and so does Hwinfo64.

Part of overclocking is finding the highest clock with the least amount of voltage. Maybe tweak the Vcore down and see what you can get. ;)
Yeah this is my plan.
I know 1.45 Volts nets 4.4Ghz I did not try any other voltage would be sweet if it ran at the auto voltage this would be so sweet and cooler to.

I took the cooler master liquid cooler off getting way too many CPU overheat warnings and restarts, back on the NH-D15 air cooler.
Had one high temp warning with 4.4GHz at 1.39Vcore thing is way too hot to cool conventionally.
I found a sweet spot so far and here it is.

final.jpg
Is there anything that can cool this thing?
I need at least a 250-watt cooler. this CPU is a monster at heat production anyway I can tap this into the furnace for heat this winter?
Thanks to Joe Hunter Biden I will need this as extra home heating.

I will keep trying to get 4.4GHz again but it needs 1.4 volts and that is just too much puts the temps over the top, Looking for a cooler but really nothing like the NH-D15 though.
Looking at 300W Coolers and well this one is there in the list, so it has to be something else.

That is great but I have reservations that that CPU cooler is cooling as good as you think and mine can also run this as shown in previous posts but can you OCCT it without heat warnings?
Even my NH-D15 received a overheat warning from the bios.
Also can you do a R23 bench run? at them speeds?

No idea. I don't OCCT.
It's not real world load. Everything will get hot. Doesn't matter which cooler.

No idea. I don't OCCT.
It's not real world load. Everything will get hot. Doesn't matter which cooler.
well if that is the case I can assure you that your system is not stable. If you can at least pass occt benchmark, then you can say you are stable.
Also yeah it might not be real world, but it is stable world and also tells you if your system is going to overheat.
It does take your system to the limit making sure it is stable.

Back