• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman 3000 flower, anyone use this yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Plat

Registered
I just got mine in the mail. now i got 3 pretty decent hs.

Swifty
Gladiator/Golden Gate
Zalman 3000 (this is the copper fan looking thing)

first off on the zalman, this thing is smaller than i imagined it would be. i haven't installed it yet. gotta work out my air flow situation, the way the fan sits above the hs makes my exhaust fan in the back work against good airflow. anyway, once i get this done, i'll try it and see what it does.

has anyone else used this hs here? it seems like this one is just begging to be modded. i saw somewhere, it may have been at overclockers.com where they put to deltas on this hs. that looks bitchin, but i'm not sure i can handle that kinda noise. anyway, looking for ways to mod this so i get max cooling.

another possibility for me right now, is to use the sanyo denki fan that came w/ my swifty. much stronger than the wimpy power coolers fan that zalman sent w/ this unit.

any thoughts?

I haven't tried it, but I've read good things about it. I'd like to see results with Hoot's cohesive air cooling with this hs.

Back