• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DDR333, is 333mhz DDR Memory.

Most boards that say, "DDR 333" mean that they support 333mhz DDR.

Now, it doesnt make all RAM 33mhz....you have to buy the type with 333mhz, you can find that out by looking at the product description in most cases.

(if im wrong please correct me, hehe)

I hope this helps clear it up!

So in short, yes it runs at 333mhz.

Oh yes, next time, im pretty sure you may want to put this question under memory....coz i dont see anything this would have to do with cpu's :\(but hehe, well all learn :))

I feel that I must interject here, the memory and the fronst side bus are running at 166mhz not 333. I see many people claiming that the FSB is 333mhz, as I have come to understand it the FSB is at 166mhz sending data at the rise and fall of the signal (DDR), which is efectively sending data at the same rate that SDRAM would be if it were at 333mhz.

So in short, yes it runs at 333mhz

I think what you mean to say is : Yes it can run at 166mhz.

Owned By Me: Your DDR ram runs at the speed you set it to run. In most cases this will equal the FSB. Some motherboards support asynchronous running of the memory so that it can be higher or lower than the FSB. But you have to specify this in the BIOS.

DDR 333 means that it is certified to run at 166mhz.

(To add to the confusion: DDR memory does NOT run at 2x FSB speed, but it transfers data twice per clockcycle. )

edit: I'm a slow typer!

Back