• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is fair price for a amd 3900x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

no this isnt a sale thread. im just seeing when i do go to sell it soon, what is price range to ask for

lol, just a thread (2 days) ago, you were asking what the best memory is for your current system! :bday:

Anyway, taking a quick look at ebay for ya, these are going from around $140 to $200 in recently completed auctions. Depends on if the cooler comes with......

50?...thats too low..lol
Post magically merged:

fleabay shows like 195 used is like lowest i saw....not trying to go that high but 50 is way LOW...lol

50?...thats too low..lol
Post magically merged:

fleabay shows like 195 used is like lowest i saw....not trying to go that high but 50 is way LOW...lol
Yeah I've seen them too. It's going into the kid's rig so not going to spend alot. He's running a 3600X, so the little upgrade would be nice, but I'm keeping it cheap. If I grab a 5950X, then I'll give him my 5900X.

Hmm..

I will take a stab at 150USD. I mean.. yes it is a 12 core.. but it is a bit on the slower side these days.. You might be better off just keeping it. I wish I still had my 3600XT :D

I mean at $200 you're competing against brand new 5800x and 5600XD3 (for some). For most people one of those is going to be much better. For $150 you're still competing against the a brand new 5600x. I think freeagent is about right, but you'd need to find someone with a budget tight enough to not accept a $50 increase and specific use case where 12 Zen 2 cores outperforms 6 Zen 3 cores (and IMHO most people doing serious production workloads don't care about $150 much less $50).

Zen 3 Literally stomps a mudhole in everything before it.. I kind of felt like a jerk for saying 150, but after reading Zerilous post, maybe 125 would be a bit better.. :rain:

I would probably just keep it.

Yeah. Got a friend who has a 3900X and for the price he paid at the time VS what they sell for, he just decided to keep it.
I'm gonna keep my eyes open for a 5950X instead.

Keep it as back-up or try your luck out on the market. OP will like the 5900X tho ;)

well ordered a 5900x and ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) motherboard with it so will be selling my x470 asus crosshair vii x470 hero board with it

Back