• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what kind to get???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

punisher2k3

im looking to get a soyo mobo. should i get the plantium or stick with non plantium??? or should i wait till soyo supoports the clawhammer???

punisher2k3

Just wait, and platinum isn't anything special. It only looks cool with a window mod, and has a few extras like the card reader and 2.0. Problems with sound. I would avoid this board until they release a bug fix for the onboard 5.1. (But I like the RAID!)

If you are looking to get a board now then the Kt00 is a very good board. I have had excellent luck with mine and it does overclock much better than any of the older Soyo boards.

If I understand clawhammer right none of the current boards will be able to support it. This isn't a limitation of the bios but rather the chipset and other factors. Plus the hammer is still a year away.

Back