• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Started My Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got up at the crack of dawn to get going on my build. I got the AIO put together and in the case. Next was the MB. Well the MB did not like the AIO and I had to mount the fans on top of the case. I got all the power cables plugged in and I should be ready to power up. I just need the CPU. Please note that cable management will be later.

Below are some pics.

IMG_20230526_102144.jpg 20230526_073159.jpg 20230526_073141.jpg
Post magically merged:

I just realized I need better pics. Let me take those.....and apparently my pics are too large....I will try to figure that out too.

Ok....I took a 2nd look at my AIO fans and they were upside down. So I fixed that and got some new pics. Let see if my pics are not too large too... :cool:

I also have an extra USB 3.0 Header plug that my MB doesn't support. :p

20230526_173523.jpg 20230526_173644.jpg 20230526_173734.jpg 20230526_173846.jpg 20230526_175007.jpg 20230526_175017.jpg 20230526_175047.jpg 20230526_175057.jpg

Maybe its the pictures, but, the aio on top is blowing in the case, right? I'd have that blow out. You had it right first. Generally....

Front/side = intake, top/rear = exhaust. AirFLOW. :)

Yep! The little fan grill is the signal as that's where the air comes out, so you want that facing upwards.

Also, nice counter tops!

Hot air rises, you're better off pulling it out of the case. You have your intake fans in the front pulling in cool air, don't try to fight with the physics 🙂

Technically you'll get the coolest temps on the CPU that way, but you're also blowing warm air in the case and only exhausting it out of one area on the rear... not ideal for anything inside. I'd run this way because a couple of C on a GPU is more valuable than a CPU, especially if you use a negative offset on the Vcore (you'll have some thermal headroom).

First, I loved building in that case. So much room and the cable management is excellent.

OK, here are a few suggestions...

1. Try running your motherboard power cables (EPS 8-pin x2) along the back of the motherboard tray. (notice the opening just above the connectors.) This will really help tidy things up.
2. Flip your PSU over so the fan is sucking cool air in from the bottom filtered intake. (Unless you plan on keeping the case on the floor with a high shag carpet) This will help keep the PSU cool and reduce the amount of dust it may collect.
3. I agree with the folks above. Use the top rad/fans to help extract the heat. The 2 monster 200 mm fans at the front are more than enough to bring in fresh air.

It's gonna be a sweet build for sure.

OK, here are a few suggestions...
Blaylock, thank you for taking an interest in my build! I will take any advice I can get.
1. Try running your motherboard power cables (EPS 8-pin x2) along the back of the motherboard tray. (notice the opening just above the connectors.)
I tried that at first and I could not get the connecter through that opening. I will try it again and see if I can get it to work.
2. Flip your PSU over so the fan is sucking cool air in from the bottom filtered intake.
This is good stuff! I will do that for sure!
It's gonna be a sweet build for sure.
Thank you, I am very excited about it. My CPU should be here by the 1st. Then I can fire it up and see if it works.

Back