• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dang! Beat by a pentium!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChillPhatCat

I had to take the side off, but I managed another 40 MHz to 1820 MHz @ 1.98V I'm gonna need that water cooling system soon.

Idle/Load 46C/52C

I flashed my bios today and now I can get my FSB up to 250... I would expect some black smoke from that though.

I guess this is pretty good since I'm comparing my 1.4GHz chip to one that is 1 GHz faster... and 580 MHz more than current clock speed LOL.
CPUID.jpg

Arithmetic.jpg

Last edited:
u want beat by no pentuim!
u got beat by a benchmark.

plus we all know p4's cant even reach those scores! lol jk guys :)

uh, you beat the p4 you shouldn't count sse2, but you did get beat by +2200! hehe my +1600@1750 got better scores than you, and when i pump it past 1850 it kills, ow well, i did spend 1.5 grand on it!(my whole rig) ow ya i think i have a newer version of sisandra, get the newest version and then see what your scores are,

got my 2600+@333 o/c@2200mhz beats the heck out of p4 2.6 in benchies.:D

the only thing is i thought people were getting 2.4 and 2.5 on air out of these chips? i have tried everything and all i can scrape out of it is 2.2. aiugb stepping. i could probly hit 2.4 or 2.5 if i ran it at 266fsb ,but that would be a waste of the true performance!

nice o/c for a 1.4!;)

yes, becuase the extra bandwidth i am feeding the chip at higher fsb, is taking up the chips overall mhz and supplementing it in the intial intake of data. the cpu is taking in more data at higher fsb, taking up head room for cpu speed. so even though the chips not running as fast in mhz. i get better performance out of the chip because i am feeding it more data at a givin time! if you lower the input of data (fsb) this gives more headroom for speed, but the overal performance is laging.

It is kind of dissapointing that when I bump down to 8x Multiplier I cant get past 188 MHz FSB... computer locks up... I don't think it's the ram because I've gotten that to 203... If I'm at 10.5x multiplier it crashes at 1869 MHz... and I crash F@H if I go above 1806 with 10.5X multiplier. I can run it at 808 MHz though... that's kinda slow as you can imagine.

I haven't gone past 1.98V though, perhaps there is more to be gained at the max 2.05V for my mobo... So far 10x has been more stable than the 10.5X that is ran stock... Another funny thing is that if I leave the multipliers set to "default" my CPU reads as a 1500XP... It's probably because of the messy unlock... I ain't takin' that Sk-7 off for a long time! NO WAY!

Original post edited. I felt more comfortable at 173x10.5 I just lapped the HS and it seems to have dropped temps by 3 degrees.

Looks like I may top out at about 1880 without volt modding.

Digital Pimp said:
how did u get a listing for an athlon 3000+?

i just tried updating my sandra and is said no updates were available. ?

Digital

I dunno, I just DL'd the latest version... I don't find it that useful though.

300 MHz and higher I'd say is a pretty good overclock for these chips...

Well guys, I was uncomfortable with the random heat issues I was having, I'm gonna get a water system and ditch my temporary PCI video card before I shoot for the speeds I was getting... I've taken two steps back and dropped to 1740... stock voltage... It's nice to idle in the mid 40's instead of 50+

Hehe I tried unlocking my Proc again today, cause the last time I messed with it I had killed the 10x multiplier, but left my 8 and 8.5 alone. So today I got back the 10x, and killed 8 and 8.5, but I gained 6 and 6.5... and it registers as a 1600XP at default now.

Talk about strange!

Before I take another step, I gotta get a loan aproved and buy a better car... anybody with a good deal on a '96+ camaro LMK LOL.

Last edited:
I don't see the Pentium you got beat by in your post. All your compairison CPUs are AMD Athlons??

At anyrate you can get the NEW version of Sandra. If you are an existing customer who PAID you have to PAY again for the new version. I will never pay twice for program. Sandra screwed up with this one. Anyway you can get it here.

New Sandra

Hope that helps.

There ya go... put the original benchie back up at the top.... I read it wrong before though, I had the pentium beat by good measure... AMD's don't do well with ISSE2 LOL.l

Back