• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what heatsink/fan for 1800+ thorough bred?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is the only cooler IN STOCK AT FRY'S that I would EVER recommend to any sane person...
Swiftech MCX370 = $50

But, GET A CREDIT CARD.

Newegg accepts
• Visa
• MasterCard
• Discover
• American Express
• Prepaid Company Check, Personal Check, Cashier Check or Money Order
(Note: All Prepaid Orders will take longer to process due to all checks must cleared, including Cashier's Check due to the existence of fraudulent checks.)
• No Purchase Order, Fax, and C.O.D. orders please.

You could pay NewEgg without a credit card by doing the following...
1. File the order with NewEgg with Money Order as the payment option.
2. Take your cash to a post office or bank and purchase a money order for the exact amount that NewEgg gives you on your order receipt.
3. Send it to NewEgg
4. Enjoy the great deals that you got on the best parts available

Last edited:
it almost has the performance of the slk800 with the stock 60mm 7000rpm fan (loud)
since i got a 80mm on it (quiet) with a adapter it hurt my temps by like 3c\4c but no it's not OC'ed so it's all good
i get like 40 full load Folding and 34 case with the 80mm sunon (3k rpm i think)

u can't go wrong with the slk
it'a all copper takes 60 70 and 80mm
it's top notch
i don't think there will be a better air coooling HS anytime soon , unless they make it bigger
the design is flawless
peace out!

by the way that second link is not the same as mine
mine is the volcano 6cu+
with a copper base
u might wanna check the thermaltake website to see the exact diferences between them

ssgohan434 said:
how much did it cost? and is the 1800+ throughbred overclocked?

I got the SK-7 for $19.99 and the TT SFII for $11... At the moment, i have it set to a 1670~2000+ until i get a better PSU.

As for credit cards and orders...
I have had this same problem. I live in the UK, and don't have a credit card. This means i can't pay by credit card or paypal, as paypal won't take Solo/switch (the only debit cards i have; note: this will change in the beginning 2003 when e-bay fully buy over and shut down billpoint. W00t!)
Until then, nochex and billpoint (in association with e-bay) can provide some backup- although this is mainly for e-bay or other online auctions...

Looks quite good!

I've pretty much decided on my HSF now: a swiftec MCX4000+tornado 84CFM fan....

get a thermalright (sk-6+, sk-7, or slk-800) at svcompucycle if you can, the prices cant be beat. adn they have true shipping costs

the slk is supposed to be one of the best at the moment, so you can't go wrong if you get good shipping...
good luck!:)

Just get any decent sized all copper HSF. I have a CoolerMaster HHC-001 for 28 bucks. The fan was so damn loud I put a slower fan on it from another HS I had. This website also has a comparison of about 25 HSFs.

As far as i can see it, loud fans on a HSF isn't too bad; in fact it's good as it shows that it has high CFM and cools the processor. Just try not to get fans for the case that are too loun :D.

Back