• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Oc 2400+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok, so you have a VIA KT400 chipset. With the latest bios from gigabytpe, you should have access to most of multipliers.

from gigabytpe website
CPU SETTING
  • CPU FSB adjustable via BIOS (1MHz-linear)
  • CPU multiplier by DIP Switch
  • CPU Vcore Voltage adjustable via BIOS
  • AGP Voltage adjustable via BIOS
  • Memory Voltage adjustable via BIOS

I don't know much about Gigabyte motherboard and I have no idea what is DIP switch. I think your question will probably best answered in AMD Motherboard in the Gigabytpe Motherboard section.

With your PC3200 RAM, you might be able to push your FSB to 200mhz while lower your multiplier and increase your VDMM.

Here is some simple rules. Never increase your CPU Vcore more than 1.85v unless you have a better cooling. (because when OC... the cpu signal are weakened at higher speed, so need to increase the voltage)

Higher FSB is always better. FSB = Front Side Bus. It will give CPU more memory bandwidth.

Your 2400+ should able to OC to 2200mhz ~2250mhz at least without much of problem.

Also use norton Ghost to make a back up image of your HD. Many people has hard drive corruption dude to PCI frequency is out of spec. Back it up to another HD or burn onto DVD.

Last edited:
Thx but to answer your question about cooling I will have 4 tronados 2 front 2 back 1 on the CPU with SLK-800 HS That should be good now yeah... what the hell is a DIP switch (Guide Plz) Thx ...

SLK-800 well definately have sufficient cooling. You might able to push to 2300mhz.

I have never ever seen a gigabyte motherboard in my all life. I used Asus, Abit and Epox and I have seen a ESC once. DPI switch. I really have no clue what it is. Your manual should tell you what it is. Most of mobo vendor allows you to change multiplier in BIOS already.

Download the manual and found this....

7vaxp.gif

Follow the table you can adjust your mutliplier. First set it to 9.5 or 10 to find out your maximun FSB that your RAM can do.

Yeah Ok well it won't hurt anything messing with the switchs will it?
And how will i kno that the ram has hit it's limit?
And...

LOL~~ you better removed those two images. They are BMP... huge... like 1.9mb each... not many people can see it. Alot of people will be ****ed if they are using 56k modem. I am on cable modem and it takes 30secs to load those pics... no good.... change them to jpg or something. ms paint should be able to do that...

I think your SW1 are fine....

Ok so i just set the CLK_RATIO But why is the Default SW1 100Mhz what is that for? But both are off on mine what the hell does that mean?

SW1 controls your FSB..... when both are off it means your FSB is at 133 mhz.

But on gigabyte website stated that CPU FSB adjustable via BIOS (1MHz-linear). It means you can adjust your FSB not by switch but by bios

Ok So now all I need is how do i mess with Unlocking it. I mean yeah the mobo has multiply switch but how would they work when you have to unlock the CPU?

You don't need to unlock your CPU at all. Your mobo can unlock 2400 cpu without any physcial modification to it. You just don't have access of 13 and 13.5 multiplier

the DIP switches are a way of adjusting the CPU multi..that board does not have it in the bios so u gotta adjust the multi maually.

kinda sucks that way:(... thats the OLD SK00L way of overclocking the the CPU..read your manual.it explains how to set
up the dip switches to get the right multi from the CPU..

e.g ON/ON/OFF/OFF would mean set the first 2 switches up[if i remember correctly] an the las 2 switches down..

pretty easy to understand:)...good luck hope this helps..

*shaka*

So basicly my board is smart... :p no need of messing with the Process at all Koo Beans... w00t! God thats awsome! But still really as you see in my profile... Or/signitur... lol Ummm i haven't got my fans.... YET stupid company O well I'll tell you all when i get them in I should really call my sys 747! lol cuz right now it's called Skittles lol Or... What ever... I don't know what to say now basicly Im just rampling on about nothing I guess i'll stop lol

Back