• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

for 50 bucks........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Ok, i have about 50 dollars to spend on a new mobo cuz this ak31a doesnt have enuff OC options and I want to put my Corsair XMS to work. It can be refurb or whatever, jsut has to be from a respectable dealer and have REALLY nice OC options. I would like to get to 180 fsb. I was thinking a refurb Epox 8k3a/e/+. WHat do you guys think? O ya, I will be running an xp1800 Palamino, but might be upgraded to a thoroughbred

fudge, just saw that newegg doesnt even show the 8k3a's in refurbs anymore. How about an 8kha, is that any good? How well does it do? OCability? Thnx.

how about an MSI kt4 ULTRA refurb for 60 dollars? Is that any good? I really wanna get a new mobo, as mine wont even go to 150 fsb(WTF?!) and i wanna go over 166

Usually low FSB's aren't because of the mobo unless the mobo specifically limits you to 150. If that's the case save up $50 more and get an epox nForce2, don't go bargain or you'll just want to upgrade again in three months.

If the mobo allows more than 150 and you just can't get there then you probably have other problems.

--Illah

fo shizzle, i think it is prolly the PSU. Is it possible the Northbridge is being poorly cooled? thnx.

Probably not. RAM or CPU are #1 killers. If you're not unlocked on the CPU then it's almost always the case, 150 FSB with a big multi (like XP 2000+) usually puts the chips way over spec and they won't function. Unless you have PC2100 mem then I'd say unlock your chip. If you do have PC2100 or anything lower then that's probably it.

--Illah

is there anything I might have lying around the house to connect the bridges? Thnx.

Back