• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What NOT to do with fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toysrme

A word to the wise... When useing a Rheobus or volt mod, never have the fans set at or under 7V to spin slowly when you know that's not enough power for them to start spinning again <g>

Left out of town today and had my 120mm set a 'lil bit under 7... Well it's ahrd to hear over the northbridge/ gf3 fan...

Unfortunatly when I got home the comptuer had decided it hard run long enough at one time and rebooted... Obviously the fan was stalled or I wouldn't be writing this.

No damage done. Thank god the case fans were on high or I'd likely be out a record 3rd cpu in a year's time exactly <g>

-Toysrme

Moral of the story, if you're leaving the computer; turn it OFF or turn it UP!

ahh...... thats why i never like reobuses....... but my panaflo dont seem to have a problem starting at 5v ;)

Yeah... my high speed Sunon has real problems spinning sometimes at 7... I think i'll stick to over that from now on LoL!
You know how some things just aint obvious the first time around ROTF!
-Toysrme

Back