• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any CS Servers for Dial Suck's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baqai

Well are there? where all the modem users can unite and play lag-r-us :)

BTW if i sometime try to join oc.com's server i hope no one would mind a HPB i have never played online and just got myself CS at home and i am too excited :)

Dial up users are the devil. You might try a server with only a few users on it. Otherwise you will probably lagg everone else on the server. Sorry :bang head

check the sticky at the top of the games section. for the latest info.

64.239.86.23:27015
^^ Current server.

66.45.101.48:27015
^^ New server.

The new server is one that we are trying out on a test basis. We're moving servers as the support and pings on the current server are, for lack of a better word, @$$. The new server is much better.

well i played around on couple of servers and i had a BLAST time i tried connecting to oc.com server it was running fy_iceworld :eek: but my connection dropped and than there were no players around i will try again connecting tonight

Apart from one server i connected to no one else complained to me regarding the lag :) i got thrased around like anything though

csonline.jpg

Not bad for a HPB n00b!!! :D ?

Are there any 56k optimization guides for CS?

Thanks i found some settings which might tweak the net speed

cl_updaterate 15
cl_cmdrate 20
rate 3600

where do i put them? config.cfg? can i make a net.cfg and call it from config.cfg by writing exec net.cfg ?

Well PCore i am now used to all those comments well nothing gonna stop me from having fun and if i can spoil someone's fun being on dialsuck hell i will do it lol :D

lol that's true btw Oni you do play at oc.com server? would love to play with you :D

btw if i haven't mentioned my nick in game is iCe-b0mB (obvious from screenshot i think)

fear me .. the time will come when i will be a LPB and will owe j00 all :D

[/brag mode on]

csonline2.jpg

csonline3.jpg

csonline4.jpg

[/brag mode off]

(Sorry couldn't resist)

Ya i use 56k... top it of with AOHELL!

Its not that the 56k is slow... Its AOL doing it :mad: LIMITS ALL 56KERS ON V.90 servers AT 28800 baud... (28.8kbs)
Thats why i'm switiching... i had to use AOL since v1.6 for dos, all they did was change the graphical depth of the pictures in each upgrade and they dont listen to their customers. Oh well...

Time to drop em like a pile of bricks... (Now that i'm gettin a job :D )

Maybe in a few weeks i'll see ya guyz on CounterStrike

yeah i would love to do that but please don't kick my butt too hard .. we can talk about bribes too :D *wink wink hint hint HINT HINT*

baqai said:
Thanks i found some settings which might tweak the net speed

cl_updaterate 15
cl_cmdrate 20
rate 3600

where do i put them? config.cfg? can i make a net.cfg and call it from config.cfg by writing exec net.cfg ?

either one would work.

Personally I'd find the cvars and change them in your config.cfg file. They should already be there, just with different values.

Here's another one you might find handy:
hud_fastswitch "1" (set it to 1, default value is 0)
It'll stop you from automatically switching to a gun you pick up. IE. if you were shooting at someone and you ran over a gun, you'd pick it up and automatically switch weapons. It sucks when the gun you pick up is out of ammo.:mad:

And what the hell is with people that buy one clip? wtf is with that?

Go to Gamewarriors.com and try GW 56k. I've been playing on GW servers for years...good admins and usually a good challenge. I play on the open servers as I'm an lpb so I can't speak for the 56k server too much, but give it a try.

Back