• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Palomino Unlock Method?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ghost68

ok i know you can change the default voltage of a t-bread processor by wire wrapping... as seen here

and you can do the L3 trick by wire wrapping here

now my question is what pins do we connect to short the 5 L1 bridges on a palomino processor???

i want to know because imho wire wrapping is MUCH easier than painting the bridges... im upgrading my sisters computer with my old palomino XP1600+ and i could easily unlock the processor by wire wrapping... i need to unlock it because they have sdram and its crap for overclocking so my only option is upping the multiplier to overclock...

I asked this question sometime ago and unfortunately I dont think there is any simple way to do wire wrapping to connect the L1's

i do wonder if that is just for the mobile duron as referred to or if it works on a regular old duron too.. hmmm, definately interesting. i may have to give it a shot...

james.miller said:
thats interesting....
closing the uppermost l2 bridge increases the durons cashe from 64 to 256k. i never knew that

Hmmm...i may just go with a Duron for my sisters computer and just do a little modding, hehe

ok heres what i have figured out so far...
pinout.gif

(facing into the socket )
the Green "NC" Pins are the L1 bridges
the Blue Pins "VSS" are the grounds (or so im assuming...)
if you connect the green pin to its corosponding blue pin the bridge becomes connected
i have a concern tho i remember being told that you cannot cross the bridges and i cannot check because i think i may have FUBAR'D my spare 1600+ during testing :( ...

i have an alternate ide if this one doesnt work...

Back