• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this temp normal, will any damage occur?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AaronP

With the system in my signature running at that speed, I thought overclocking it to that speed would need a powerful heatsink so I invested in the Vantec Aeroflow.

On boot up, the BIOS indicates that the board is at 39 and the processor was 35. (one case fan at 2600 rpm). But after playing a heavy resource draining game, eg ut2k3, I check the temperature of the board and its at 44 c and I'm guessing the chip temp around 40c.

With that in mind, is that a bad thing? Will the board incur any damage if I keep running it at that temperature? I only have 1 case fan on it and I think 44 is kinda warm. I know the processor is in good hands seeing how efficient it is, and I also know it's made to run at 80c constantly so I have no worries there.

I'd appreciate you're thoughts and comments, thanks in advanced.

Ya thats true man your board not gona be hotter then ur cpu =P

Bw for amd? 50c is fine hehe in fact you can run 60c and be fnie.. but your in a good place

for penitem =P dont wana go over 50c

TollPhree said:
Ya thats true man your board not gona be hotter then ur cpu =P

Bw for amd? 50c is fine hehe in fact you can run 60c and be fnie.. but your in a good place

for penitem =P dont wana go over 50c

yeah, i second that, just try cpuburn and if your temps dont go over 55 the cpu will work for as long as you need a new one

I think that's a bit hot for a mobo. I ran mine at ~37 for 6 months or so...no problems, but it was just uncomfortable. I'd say it's unlikly anything'll happen at 44C, but you may just want to do something about it (assuming it won't cost and $$)

if you put your finger on the mobo, by the temp sensor, does it feel warm/hot? if it is 44 C then it is over ten degrees warmer than your body temp and should feel warm to the touch, is your entire board warm, or only in places, or not at all? this will help figure out your next step.

...something doesnt smell right here, there may be some kind of mix up, either with the software being used, the setup of it, or interpretation of what it says. good luck figuring out whats wrong. :)

Sometimes the sensor for the motherboard temp is just in a really bad place and isn't really representative of the case temp.

Back