• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM 5 Temp/Voltage Sensors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mfjonny

I matched the temp readings with Easytune 4 and this is what I have setup (oh and I double checked with SiSoft Sandra).

CPU Temp Sensor (32 deg) - LM90 Local
Case Temp Sensor (29 deg) - Sis950/ITE8705F-1
Power/Aux (22 deg) - LM90 Remote

Now can anyone tell me where these temp sensors are actually located? I figured the CPU sensors in on the diode, but where are the other two located?

Also, I have an auxillary 1.5 voltage reading on MBM5 (I recently had a paly 2100 so distinguishing the voltage reading was easily done). Is this 1.5 voltage line my RAM voltage? Its currently reading at 1.23v.

Thanx for the help!

Also, if I can add, can you guys tell me which setting I should set to detect the voltage lines for my GA-7VAXP?

are you sure that LM90 Local is the cpu temp and LM90 Remote is the psu

the cpu temp that i get in easytune matches the LM90 Remote sensor in mbm i dont know witch is right

could it be that easy tune is displaying the psu temp and calling it the cpu?

sorry i cant answer your questions

oh and sandra also semes to agree with mbm

YUP: I had them switched. Its just that the temp readings were throwing me off.

Check this out: My CPU sensor is showing me at 25 C and the case sensor is showing up at 30. I'm running at stock 133 mhz and 13 multiplier with a SLK-800 and one of my exhaust stock 80 mm antec fans on it. I have one exhuast fan and one intake (on the side of the case), with two fans on my PS. Would this setup be the reason why my chip is cooler than my case/environment sensor?

the temp that you are calling your case temp is attually your north bridge (motherboard) temperture this is allways around 30c with the ga-7vaxp with that stock gold cooler

the ga-7vaxp dose not have a case temp sensor

your cpu can never be cooler than the case with your setup (or with any air cooled setup)

its still quite rare to get a lower cpu temp than northbridge temp.
it must be the combination of a cool chip best and air cooling heatsink avalible

i also think that the cpu temp probe reads lower than it should do on gigabyte boards

OK:

I am SOOO confused.
My CPU sensor on MBM 5 is reading 22 celsius (LM90 remote)
My 2nd sensor on MBM 5 is reading 26 celsius (Sis950/ITE8705F-1)
My 3rd sensor on MBM 5 is reading 32 celsius (LM90 local)

WTF is going ON? Can this be possible? Can someone please clarify if I at least have the right CPU temp sensor setting?

i had a look on the mbm site and

the LM90 Remote is defiantly the cpu temp

the SIS950/ITE8705F 1 is definatly the Mother board temp

i cant say for sure what the others are but these two are the only ones you should need.

So

LM90 Remote = CPU temp

SIS950/ITE8705F 1 = Motherboard/Northbridge temp

hope that clears it up i was as confused as you for a while

Thank you for the clarification:

One question though, is it possible for the motherboard temperature to be lower than the CPU temperature?

One more question if I may, which setting are you using for your voltage detection lines in MBM 5? I'm using number 4 as it is the only one to report my VCORE at ~1.58, where as the other ones report them at 1.65 ( i have an xp 2100 tbreb B). Am I using the right settings? I think it was set at default to the number 1 setting....

mfjonny
Is the 2100 T/Bred not meant to be 1.65? I know my 2000 and 2400 are 1.65.
Hood
Edit
You are right enough, the 2100 T/Bred B is 1.6v:eek:

Last edited:
??????? I put my mbm settings as follow and I get this
cpu = LM90 Remote
mobo = SIS950/ITE8705F 1
power/aux LM90 Local *** about this... hummmm just have it there... jajaja
temps
cpu 44c
mobo 46c
aux 48c

is that right????? are you sure????!!!!!!!
thanks for any help, bye

Back