• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kwel mod/watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyzio

Registered
hey guys i thought of this thing im in process of doing it already i desing it and planned it bought the plexi and i will cut it tomorow, well let me get to the point its a water tank, but not any old watertank its gonna sit right in the drive bays at the top occuping 2 of the slots :D so you could see the water from the outside :D im also gonna die the water a flourcent colour and point my UV at it! u heard anybody doing this before? am i original or what? what u think ill post pics sooner or l8r

Sounds Like a cool idea! Just one thought you may want to place it in lower bays and put your HD(s) above the water source for safety of HD(s)

nahh its gonna be alll the way to the top i seal the HDz and i make a DVD mod on my slot in and stick it underneath so that i can see the mod through the water also the single ones you can buy online, and thats not too modding its just buying and sticking it in hehe :D im into originality hehe:D

and if u think the Hdz will get hot then ill just work on the tank so itz very tight i test it first :D hehe
ill update constatly wid the project tomorow at 4 oclock ill start cutting the plexi ill post pix on how to :D hehe

im also thining about slapping in a 20" Uv in there for the case and a 5" for the water tank im gonna spray the inside flourecent green so it shines up! im looking for molding here in spain i want chrome but i cant seem to find anything not even black!

I cut the plexi but its too high so i need to recut a few sides some other time maybe tomorow hehe here are some pics!
1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

here u see them hands hehe [BIohazard] yup thats all hiz hands he helped me out he has that sweet cutter hehe i live up a road from him its a pitty he iz banned though but im sure he desreves it hehe
7.jpg

finished product :D

Last edited:
i dont think he iz allowed he does speak wid shadow occasionally about it though hehe nevermind i cut the plexi again to make it fit and its iz a bout a milimiter off so im sanding it down and gluing it together any of you guys have a clue what glue should i usE??? im slightly confused and i want this tank to last me 4ever! hehe

Sounds like you've got it all planned out. Looking very nice already :) I did a fairly similar mod for the side of my case - a 10mm thick reservoir which fints behind my case-side (Click the images for bigger pics) :

Lights On :

Lights Off :

Back