• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A/D-RGB and Power limits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Greetings.

I'm running into a potential limit on how many ARGB devices i can run in my build. I'd like to see if there is a way i can add supplemental power to support more LED's without introducing a separate USB type controller. I would prefer my motherboard handle all the control if possible.

MB - Asus Crosshair Hero 8 (has 2 ARGB connections that support 120 LED's each at 3A)
Case - Phanteks 719 (has built in LED controller powered by a SATA connection that has its own lighting, and a connection point to chain more.
Fans - 11 Deepcool MF120GT fans (I can, if needed remove 3 of them as they are just supplemental intake at the bottom) {each fan uses 0.74 A for the LED's for a total of 8.14 A for all 11}
LED Strips - Phanteks NEON Digital-RGB LED Strip (2x 400mm) {Each strip has 28 LEDs}
Block - EK-Quantum Momentum ROG Crosshair VIII Hero D-RGB - Plex
Res - EK-Quantum Volume FLT 360 D-RGB - Plexi
Pump - EK-Quantum Inertia D5 PWM D-RGB - Plexi

My original plan was to hook up the Block, Res, and Pump on one MB header, and the Case, Fans, and Strips on the other. While im confident the block/res/pump will be fine, im not so much on the others. I'm curious if there is something i can add that can simply supplement the power going to the D-RGB channel so it doesn't overload the motherboard header, or will i be forced to remove/not connect some of the elements?

Thanks

(ignore the signature specs, thats my current machine, not the one im bulding)

Last edited:
Back