• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce3 voltage mod w/ forced air cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Insthink

Right now all the guides I read show that they decided to put water cooling for even better performance, but they didn't say if it was REQUIRED!

Im thinking of doing the volt mod on my old Geforce3

The thing is, I don't wanna go through all the trouble of getting water cooling for my GPU.

I got a 90mm 1 inch thick case fan place right over my card's heatsink, will this be enough?

oh and anyone knows a program to read GPU temp with the nvidia generic drivers? I know Asus has that program, but it only works with their year outdated drivers.

Just get a 60mm CPU cooler, the SVC Golden Gate 40 is a nice one. You'll have to epoxy that sucker on there though with AA Epoxy, so be sure you want it :)

Other than that you could get a 1U cooler for rackmount servers. Again, they're designed for CPU's. Alpha makes a good one.

--Illah

I already got a old AMD Tbird fan/heatsink but im only using the fan on the stock sink of my Asus Gforce3

I wouldnt have enough space to add my heatsink.

Would it matter tho? the fan it HUGE

removing the stock heatsink and putting a new one would be a real pain :(

Back