• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My TEMPS on a A7N8X Deluxe!!! Which one one is RIGHT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Atari

HEy all,

I'm currently running a XP 2100+ Tbred B.. At STOCK speed. I have a SLK-800 with a Tornado Fan . The Bios I'm running is the 1002.003. So far my temps are wacky! My bios jumps from 32-42C! It's all over the place it'll hit 42C then one second its 30C! very weird.. Asus probe detects it at 27C constant with load about MAX 30C!? Whats the deal here? Can anyone tell me before I start to OC which one to believe?

Thanx a ton for any help

You are correct ...... TheGame240............ . But if I am correct that bios version is known for being a little strange when it comes to its temp readings . If you add 10 degrees celcius to the Asus Probe values that should be the correct temperature .

ATARI, there is also a specific version of MBM5 made for your board . Install it and if the temps seem to be bouncing around too much slow down the refresh/redraw rate of the MBM5 . You should set it up as to read Asus sensor 5 if you want the actual in CPU diode . this is all explained on the MBM5 page . If you don't get it to work at all then it is just simply a bios problem and you will have to content youself with the Asus probe's readings and add 10 to them

Last edited:
what is really so hard about making an accurate temp sensor? theres no point in having one when its 15 degrees off. all motherboards need to have the same type of sensor in the same spot

these a7n8x readings are driving me crazy trying to figure out what is real. asus probe says 33, bios says 42, W83L785TS-S says 47, and W83L785TS-S diode says 35-37.

using an slk-800 and 53cfm mechatronics

If you add 6C to the W83L785TS-S diode, that should match your bios reading which I believe is the CORRECT one off the diode...

Thanks for the help guys!

Well I'm a little troubled then.. I have an SLK -800 with AS3 and a Tornado fan on it and i'm reaching 45-50C! in the bios. These temps suck for SLK-800 in my opinion. I got my chip at 2.15ghz and 1.85v. I dont wanan go over 55C. But god Is the bios right?? Or should the temps be lower??? I'm dnloading that motherboard monitor TheGame420. But am I to believe that monitor over the bios?? I'm confused as hell now :/

The monitor should give the same reading as the bios once you set it to read the correcrt sensor , which is on the MBM front page at present with very good instructions .

Back