• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Someone make up my mind!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rcttexas

Ok, I cant decide. I am looking for a new graphics card. I am looking at spending around 100.00. ATI or Nvidia? I have looked at the 7500 or the 8500le and GF4 440. I have never owned a ATI card, and have always had good luck with Nvidia. Nvidia seems to be getting really expensive for what you get. I do not play many games, but I want it to perform well when I do. Any Ideas???

the 8500LE is a darn good deal imho, but if you look around and even wait a week or two ive seen both CompUSA and BB randomly sell TI4200s for exactly 100$, think those are after rebate though...MX440 sucks compared to 8500, dont get it, 7500 sucks compared to 8500 as well

Get a geforce2mx 400, good for those who dont play many games. excellent 2-d. I am using one of those and it rocks!

Overclocker550 said:
Get a geforce2mx 400, good for those who dont play many games. excellent 2-d. I am using one of those and it rocks!

umm he already has an MX400:rolleyes:

lol

most 8500LEs are clocked at 250/250
most 8500s at 275/275

however there are many crappy LEs out there clocked at 230/230 and even lower:eek: , you would have to make sure with teh reseller before buyng one

Actually, the gf2 is now in my daughters system and I have the old VooDoo 3000. Please dont laugh. A few of her games would not run on the voodoo card. Now ALL of my games wont run. The things you do for your kids...:D

Rcttexas said:
Actually, the gf2 is now in my daughters system and I have the old VooDoo 3000. Please dont laugh. A few of her games would not run on the voodoo card. Now ALL of my games wont run. The things you do for your kids...:D

hey im sure it convinced the wife to allow you a new video card:D ;)

Yea, and monitor too. As soon as I pluged in the Voodoo card, the monitor craped out, the screen is so white and fuzzy you cant read a thing. Its old though it was time to let it go!!!!;)

ok, I found this at newegg:ATI OEM RADEON 8500 LE 128MB DDR DVI/CRT/TV for $94.00 free shipping!!However it says "This card cannot be used in conjunction with a DVI adapter " what the heck does that mean and do I need to be concerned?

Rcttexas said:
ok, I found this at newegg:ATI OEM RADEON 8500 LE 128MB DDR DVI/CRT/TV for $94.00 free shipping!!However it says "This card cannot be used in conjunction with a DVI adapter " what the heck does that mean and do I need to be concerned?

DVI=Digital Video Interface

So it has no DVI, no sweat:)

Great choice, also wanted to add, stay away from the Geforce4MX- better off with GF3 or even better w/ R8500:)

Rcttexas said:
But can I still use it with a Flat Panel Monitor?

yes it has a dvi port, what they are trying to say is that you cannot use dual crts because that card only comes with one ramdac and so for dual monitors you must use one DVI and one VGA....

but is that a powered by saphire? some of those came clocked at 200mhz on the mem with 5ns ram and they SUCKED...read the reviews to see what people said

Guess not:

Graphics Controller
- RADEON 8500LE graphics processing unit (GPU)
Memory Configuration
- 64/128MB DDR, 128-bit memory.
- Maximium memory Interface :12GB/s with 250MHZ DDR

The 8500LEs have really become hard to find good ones. A few months ago when i bought mine (from www.enpc.com hehe) i got one that came at 250/250, and overclocked to 300/300 just fine, and ever further. Ive already sold that though, but u might want to try ur luck with that reseller

*edit* Now that i look...all they have is the AIW 8500, and thats more then u need, hehe

What about the 9000, is that any good? Found one at new egg for 72.00. Does not say "Powered by ATI" Manufactured By Sapphire like the others.

Back