• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random restarts in Windows XP Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_Ryz_Factor

I have this problem where my machine will randomly restart itself while it's on. It doesn't happen often, but it happens on occasion and is annoying. It cannot be a heat problem. When I send an error report it says the problem is a device driver but it cannot specify which one. Are there any specific device drivers known to cause this problem?

It could be your ram. Try different slots. Maybe even your PSU. PSU's can cause random reboots. Are there certain times when it reboots like gaming?

It reboots totally at random, it'll do it when I'm sitting here on the interweb, it'll do it in games, it'll do it when I have music on, anytime at all. I would hope it's not my PSU... it's a brand new Antec 430 W.

that happened to me after I download the real one player. It got annoying fast so I uninstalled the program. it has not happened since. I am not saying it is that particular program that caused it ,I think it caused a conflict in the video, dvd,vcd drivers is all......some programs are still jelouse and want to be number one ALL the time.............................tr

Back