• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone used EasyTune 4 yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, no luck. I can't seem to change anything but the fsb, which is all I could do with ET3.

I think you have to have one of the newer boards for the voltages and all that to work.

These mobos are not on the fully supported list on Giga site, thats why they dont work fully.
Hood

you can only change the fsb with the ga-7vrxp generation

if you have a ga-7vaxp generation then everything works

the program still has its limits tho

I have the GA-7VAXP Ultra version, and ET4 works fine for me. I can change voltage and fsb...the multies are locked though. I could do a mod and get them unlocked, but I haven't yet.

I have the plain old 7VAX and everything works for me. Now I just have to figure out how to unlock the multiplier and overclock this thing properly. I am a noob ya know!

Gigabyte and XP1800+

ET4 works for my 7AXP -Ultra but locks up at 1700+. If I do it from the Bios, It locks up there also over 146/12.5X. What is the max voltage needed to stablize? I will probably have to get a bigger fan or more fans for case to cool. Any suggestions? I'm trying 1.92V Core with little luck...:( http://

I have a 7vax and it works fine. I don't use it anymore cause it's buggy and crashes on bootup sometime.

I got it to work and it works well. But if you aren't using extreme cooling objects such as a watercooler or copper heatsink then your computer will lock up. I was able to increase my fsb but not too high. I'm running a 2200+ at 1808 mhz and went up to 1890 mhz without any problems. I think easy tune is pretty sweet because you are actually changing your fsb within windows... I never knew it could do that!

I fnally got the 1800+ to go over 1700. It is at 1736MHz. I am running standard AMD HS with Silver Artic compound. Took off the phase stuff. CPU running @<43C. Before around 50C. The FSB is 151, 1.91Vc. Voltage to MEM and PCI/AGP is on Auto. I cannot get the MB to boot with a FSB of 166 and Mult on Auto or any other setting. I will try higher settings as I go but I may get to 1800 yet.

Al what is your multiplier setting at?

My system is hitting 1680 with a 12 multi and 140 FSB. As I bump up the FSB to 146 it crashes. Should I lower the multi then move the FSB up?

Last question. how do you get Easy Tune 4 to auto load your overclock settings when you restart windows? Every time I reboot I come back to base config then have to hit "load."

I wish that I could do this in the bios but the 7vax doesn't seem to have the ability in bios F9. Any suggestions?

mattspalace said:
I have the GA-7VAXP Ultra version, and ET4 works fine for me. I can change voltage and fsb...the multies are locked though. I could do a mod and get them unlocked, but I haven't yet.

I've got a 2600 and it's unlocked. Your's probably is too. I just change it on the board with the dip switch's and it work's fine.
I have no problem with ET4. It does seem to have some limit's. I would like to work with memory control more.

I ahve the clock at 11.5x. It is locked. I also have the Palimino CPU. In the BIOS, I upped the CPU Core V olt to 1.9 (+5%), and the FSB to 151 . I also upped the RAM V by .1V. I did not use the ET4 at this time. Every thing stable. After this was ok I set the FSB back to 146 in BIOS. Booted up then used ET4 to set the board to 152. Closed ET4 and system is ok. Saved and rebooted. I now have the BIOS set to 152 and do not use ET4. I need to unlock my CPU before I go any higher.

Hmmm... for some reason I don't see in the bios where I can change the FSB. Is it in some hidden section of the bios? I have the 7vax and not the vaxp so there are probably differences in the bios. Anyone here running the same board as me and could offer some advice?

Back