• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel boards !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

defyreality

Disabled
How good are intel boards for the following

1.) Overclocking ?

2.) Friendly easy overclocking

3.) Bios overclocking

on general newer socket 478 models

thanks

-Defy

All but the latest Intel 845PE board don't allow any degree of overclocking, easy or hard. And the latest on allows only a 4% increase in fsb, not enough to worry about. It is hard to use the terms Intel motherboard and overclock in the same sentence.

There are lots of great overclockers out there though. The Abit BD7-II, BE7, IT7Max, IT7Max2, IT7Max2 v2, Asus P4B533, P4PE, Albatron 845PEV Pro, and basically any quality 845e or pe not made by Intel are great overclockers.

Intel boards in general will not overclock and offer extremely limited bios selection options. But the plus side is that they are very stable for non overclocked systems and often include onboard sound and LAN that also work well.

lucidnight said:
Intel boards can be overclocked, but most only by software. I.e. cpucool or cpufsb.

these programs are gennerally crap in my experience (which i should add is quiet limitied)

Back