• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF2 and raid0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
gotta buy a NF2 but im stuck here.
only chaintech offers ide raid0 on thier mobo.
asus does sata raid but then id need to hunt a second adapter i think.

i want the epox 8rda+ but has no raid what so ever.

im not dropping the $180 chaintech wants.
asus will cost that much once i buy an adapter.
just get the epox with a pci ide raid card? the non + version is only like $80 and i dont care about sound so is this my only options?

i honestly do feel raid is worth the hassle,and would like to keep it.but to be honest ive never had a high end pc without raid0 so im kinda spoiled.

i love kt333 mobo's tho but i wanna do more high fsb testing is why im going this route.my 8k3a+ has a dead agp slot so i need a new mobo.pci video doesnt do high fsb.

i sold my ceral chip killer a7v333 for chickletts.isnt many high fsb mobos left for me to choose from.i dont like kt400 btw.

Yep, I'd recommend the 8RDA+ with a separate RAID card. For one, the onboard raid on motherboard isn't as good as the PCI cards and you'll be taking quite a bit of stress off the CPU if you use a PCI raid card.

Yodums

ty yodums
ive read these have even better performance over onboard raid.
i guess i may run 1 hdd until i find one in the wanted section.

Well of course as they are pretty expensive and have on board processing. It's like onboard sound and PCI sound card :D

Do you use ATA100 or ATA133 drives? ATA100 RAID cards are pretty cheap while ATA133 are pretty expensive due to the demand in current technology:

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=HighPoint+RAID+Contr

I don't know if you can find a better deal than that in the classifieds for ATA100 but it is definitely worth a try.

No problem.

the sound is funny to me i hardly ever even turn my sound on unless im gaming.is why ill most likley just buy the plain 8rda
the drives are ata100 7200wd's
the link i just came from there and the first one is most likley my best bet.
yeh i posted in wanted section.last time someone asked for one when i did a search just now,they said they had liek 6 offers on a card.:D

Back