• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High FSB erda question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lithan

Disabled
Ok I've got an ERDA that for ****s and giggles I decided to try and see how high of a FSB I can get without a VDD mod. My ram will only go to 190 so I had to run ram and cpu async (used expert settings on cpu and set ram to auto which gives me a 3:4 (or maybe 2:3 I forget) ram:fsb ratio as I climb. Anyways. My rams at around 150something. My FSB is 230. And I seem to be stable thusfar. Which makes me wonder if a High RAM clock combined with a high FSB is what causes instability with normal vdd voltages (I have 1.60). So what Im asking fellow erda and erda+ users to do when they get a chance is to remove (or turn up resistance until the effect is negligable) their vdd mods and set their ram to Auto (not 100%) preferably with a stick of 2100 or 2700 so the resulting ram frequency is lower than 175mhz and at a speed they know the ram is stable at. And see how high of a FSB you can get. Then post what your highest FSB is with FSB:RAM 1:1 and your highest FSB with FSB:RAM 1:<1 WITHOUT a VDD mod.

Reason I ask is that I plan to upgrade my ram eventually, and if my system will be stable at 230FSB, 230RAM without a vdd mod, I will upgrade my ram immediately. But it seems kind of unlikely that my board will do so well, while few others can break 210 without a VDD mod, So I suspect my low (150ish) ram speed is what allows me to reach such a high FSB.

I know this is a big hassel, and I appreciate anyone who will try for me. Thanks.

Oh and By the way... My board gets prime errors at 235 FSB with cpu and ram well within their limits. Also. My northbridge and mosfets dont seem too hot. (They are hot, but it doesn't hurt to hold my finger on them for an extended period of time).

Back