• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7d onboard lan problems?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OSUmaxx

I just got my K7d up and running, and the L5 mod went perfectly, etc. Everything is running now, except I'm having a hard time connecting to the internet :D :D :D

I've done it many times with win 2k, but this time seems to be different. Its connecting through a Linksys router, but the other computers on the router are fine. It sees my network perfectly also, but I can't get ANY internet activity. When I try to ping anything, I get "destination host unreachable".

I installed the drivers from the MSI CD, everything went well aparently. Win 2k says the LAN is connected.

Any tricks to getting this working? I need to get a connection to get it folding :)

Thanks!

edit: Running ipconfig returns this:

Windows 2000 IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.204.13
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

My IP addy should be 192.168.x.x, right? My other boxes are, due to the router.

Last edited:
I tried that, but I get the message:

All adapters are bound to DCHP do not have DHCP addresses. They cannot be released or renewed.

edit: Thank you for the reply sickboy :)

Last edited:
exact same thing happened to me with my K7D-L, LAN works, see all computers on network, but no internet for MSI, Had to reset the linksys router, than it worked.

Make sure you are using the latest NIC driver also, Version - E100CE

poopygood said:
exact same thing happened to me with my K7D-L, LAN works, see all computers on network, but no internet for MSI, Had to reset the linksys router, than it worked.

Make sure you are using the latest NIC driver also, Version - E100CE

I downloaded the "driver" from MSI's site, but I got a folder full of stuff. Window's doesn't recommend installing any of it for the driver...

I'll try resetting the router first then.

Thanks

Also, when I'm in my router settings, I only see that computer in the DHCP lookup table, not the other 2 on the network. Also, I can't ping the router from the broken computer.

Why is the messed up computer in this table and the working one's not? I can't seem to disable DHCP from that computer...

sent it to ya, it's a self extracting exe file, let me know if yahoo disables it somehow, i know my ISP does that....

EDIT:
that's strange, did you try reseting the router yet? that sometimes fixes a lot, might want to reset your DSL/cable too.

Sweet!!!

Thank you so much. I updated the driver and deleted the reference to that computer in the router DHCP setup and it works.

I owe ya one poopygood :beer:

Also noticed you had no default gateway assigned to that adapter. That will definately keep you from having an outside connection...won't affect your internal LAN connection though. Personally, I'd say that's all it was.

Back