• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No operating system boot question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

budaben

Registered
I downloaded linux off of kazza since it goes faster for me and I got a linux.exe. Right now I have no operating system on the computer I want to put it on to. How can I creat a disk with it on it that will boot up and make it so I can install the os.

I really don't think thats a good idea. Get the ISOs from a source thats known to distribute the right stuff, like www.linuxiso.org

I wouldn't trust anything from kazza, especially when the file is titled 'linux.exe', they should be ISOs. I suppose its possible its a self extracting compressed file, but I would not take any chances. That file could eaisily be a virus or something malicious.

Might I ask what distribution that is supposed to be?

Anyway, once you get ISO, burn them to disk using your favorite burning program. Make sure you tell it to create a cd from an image, not just burn the file to the disk.

Back