• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are swiftech waterblocks the same color as Chieftech cases?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrO bOiE

I'm going to purchase a swiftech water block along with a Chieftech Dragon case with a window. Is the blue dragon case the same shade of blue as the swiftech water block?

Since87 said:

Well the important thing is the cooling right?

Black will radiate heat better.

I dont think so. Black will absorbe more heat from a radiated source (ex: you will be warmer in the summer in a black shirt than a white shirt) but for radiating heat outward it wont make any difference. Also, its a waterblock, the heat is transfered out by the water, radiation isnt going to make any difference. Go for whichever one you want color wise.

WyrmMaster said:

I dont think so. Black will absorbe more heat from a radiated source (ex: you will be warmer in the summer in a black shirt than a white shirt) but for radiating heat outward it wont make any difference. Also, its a waterblock, the heat is transfered out by the water, radiation isnt going to make any difference. Go for whichever one you want color wise.

My comment was sarcastically directed at a question of what case color to get in a cooling forum.

You are right that the amount of heat radiated is negligible. However, a black surface will radiate heat better than a lighter surface. (Google it.)

Back