• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

testing TBred B L2 cache

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slapshot45

Registered
I just got a new system with an AMD 2700XP and was running memtest86, during the test it displays:

L1 Cache 128K 13266MB/S
L2 Cache - UNKNOWN

Does this mean that memtest is not detecting the L2 cache properly or there is something wrong with the L2 cache on my processor? I had been running fine till I was plagued by 2 BSOD errors (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, ntfs.sys, STOP: 0X00000050), both times occuring while saving a file from CDROM.

try cpuZ at cpuid.com should do it correctly.and btw i dont think any bartons are made yet in the 2700 flavour.

when i get errors like that i write down the info of it like the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" then search it on google, usually always find what the problem is like that from browsing the results (just did it today in fact with my fathers computer, some cd-rom driver problem, stupid adaptec/roxio software and drivers with windows xp), fixed up my fathers pc like that through google

edit: just fyi, his error was not the same as yours, just an example of how i used google to find out :) good luck

Back