• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1800+ unlocking and overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hell-spawn

over the last 2 weeks ive been overclocking my system but i cant get further than 1773mhz with FSB @ 154mhz.. and the satndard 11.5 multiplier.. i have my voltage @ 2v but when i try to over clock any further windows will not start up i get bluescreen with weird errors.. most of the time the error is "irq_not_equel_to_or_less_than".. what the hell does that meen another error is acpi.sys with no other info.. if anyone can help me get another 100mhz outta my system ill be happy.. also ive been trying to unlock my cpu multiplier doing the pencil trick but im not to sure how to do it so if ne 1 has some more info on it or some pics of the process ill be very gratefull... cheers

come on ppl.. you look at the psot leave something please i need to overclock my baby.. any info on overclocking 1800+ or finding out what model of cpu i actually have is very much appreciated

OK firstly pencil trick wont work on XP's that only works on Tbirds. As for your overclock what you are getting is probably because you have reached the limits on that chip (1.77Ghz is a good overclock on a 1800 pally). Easy way to check if its a pally is to tell us when you bought it - also if you have WCPUID or sandra find out what model number it is - model 6 is a pally model 8 is a Tbred. BTW what temps are you getting? To find out how to unlock a pally just do a quick search on this forum using the word unlock - that should do the trick. I think a further 100Mhz on that chip would be a big ask though.

i just found out its a model 6 :( i bought it about 6 months ago.. idle temp of 38 and full load after 6 hours of intense gaming and testing is 47.. i got a crappy copper heatsink and a 5000rpm fan plus 4 custum case fans which run at 6000 rpm

Back