• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC xp2100 on 7vaxp question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

/\\/3|2o

I have a XP 2100 palimino and i want the multi over 13... is this possible with the 7vaxp scince the board only has switches for up to 12.5? what do i have to do with my processor? I have crossed the L1 bridges but that does nothing cause i dont know how to increase the multi.

You want to close all the L1's and leave the L3 Joined if you are wanting multis higher than 13x. With a palomino I would think that you would not get much benefit from getting higher multis but rather by going for lower you would see more benefit. I say this because the Palominos normally fall over not much above 1800MHz but if you lower the multi to say 10.5x or 11x and get the FSB to over 166 the CPU and DDR will be in synch and you will see BIG improvements. To get the lower multis you will have to do as nerdlogic said and also join the 5th L3. You can also do the wire trick instead of the L3, you will see how to do it HERE, courtousy of sixgunzx2.
Hood

Back