• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wedo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the support. I feel like I've been gone for a week too and I haven't left town. :D

My efforts are going great. I've stumbled a few time and I owe some people some folding but I'm going to wait until one month has passed and see where we stand.

Thanks again,
Wedo

Make a money jar so whenever you pick up a cigarette you put 10.00 in the jar or something like that then you can use that money for the CPU or the farm.

Or you can just hand it to me and then I can upgrade my farm a bit since it is just a small petting zoo.

Just wondering: if you change your smoking budget over to a pc budget, how many ppy do you think that would translate into :D

Wedo, if you smoke one more time, I am going to go over to your house, and right when you open the door im going to sock you in the face, and walk away. With that out of the way, good luck quitting for real this time :)

TheCor4D said:
"....quitting for real this time"

Doooood! I'm doing really well! I was a pack a day'er, so to answer the budget question:

Every pack of smokes generally costs about $4.25. That's $1,550 a year to kill myself AND my girlfriend smokes (but not as much as me usually) so our hous was throwing away $2,500-$2,800 a year on the cancer causing addictive substance.

Furthermore, the $$$ extends even more because when one goes to the local mini-mart to grab a pack of smoke there's a chance of also purchasing more crap that isn't necessary.

So $3,000 a year could make a SICK folding budget.....

xp2100 ~ $100
M7VKQ ~ $50
PSU ~ $15
RAM ~ $20
HD ~ $20
equals a rounded up $220 a layer which means......

13 Layers a year producing about ~150 ppw each, so.....

roughly 2000ppw.

So anyway, I'm doing really well and have cut down extremely from my pack a day habit.

w00r!
Wedo

Well Wedo, the answer is clear. You can stop smoking, save yourself from cancer, and convert all that to folding pwnage and help cure cancer. You are saving yourself, and others!

Back