• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need MB recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SenorBeef

Ok. I have a fairly small list of requirements out of an MB, but I can't seem to find anything that matches.

I want IDE RAID (4 ide ports), 133/166 FSB support, good OC options, good performance.

I was looking mostly at the soyo kt400 dragon ultra and the gigabyte ga-7axp. With the gigabyte, I came across the fact that if it detects a 133 mhz fsb cpu, you can only adjust the clock from 133-165. For a 166, 166-200. That's not enough for me since I want to get a thoroughbred rev b. 2100+, and everyone seems to be able to OC theirs up to the 180+ mhz fsb range.

The dragon looks like a good board, but I've read on a few sites that it drags behind in the benchmarks and isn't really a performance board. Also, sites didn't list 166/333 FSB compatability... but you can adjust the FSB that high. Is manually putting the FSB at 166 mhz the same as having 166 mhz bus support as far as CPU compatability goes?

Anyway, any recommendations you guys could give me would be appreciated.

well

why are you looking at kt400 boards? so far their performance isnt as good as the nforce ones. i'd say if you're looking for performance, go for the asus a7n8x. it doesnt have the greatest overclocking ability, though it is good in that respect, just the epox 8rda(+) is better for overclock, just less features. if you werent confused before, i hope that helps :D

One of my only requirements is a RAID controller and 4 IDE ports, hence Nforce boards are out.

Bump.. would really appreciate recommendations, gonna put in a purchase soon.

Back