• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Presario up grade?!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I started thinking, finally, and the only thing I can see would be the monitor. It isnt connected through a cable, it connects through a slot on the board. If that card by-passes the whole board, I dont see how the monitor would get a signal. I didnt pay that much attention to the monitors connection but I would think it has to be a cable to the port were the monitor plugs into the board.

Thanks.

Anybody know some more about this?

That card has video on board. You'd connect the monitor to that.

You know, once you buy this card, a CPU, and some RAM, you've just spent a considerable amount of money on something thats just a somewhat fixed up old computer. Why not spend just a little more, and get a new computer?

Iwill P4R533 | Antec 550 | P4 2.53 at 2.96| 512m 1066 rdram | PNY Gforce4 MX 440 | Maxtor 60g 7200rpm | WD 120g 7200rpm |agp, hdd, chipset, cpu, water cooled | Koolance 601 case

I don't think he needs one. :p

I'm curious, why *are* you trying to fix this thing up?

I was just playing around, trying to get a OS on this and its getting agravating. I figured the new parts would be pretty cheap, it really all depends on how much that card is. This one was a free one so I dont have any money in yet.

I would rather add stock parts to it, but it seems too hard to find any.

Back