• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend some headphones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
those look sweet!

my friend has some sennheiser's and they sound awesome.. games and music.. not sure what kind they are, he got them for $60 at compusa

ok i was wondering if anyone has them or has listened to these. they specs sound good but those are put out by the company and they arent gonna say "this is a piece of crap".

I'm using the HD-600, and its awesome:D
One thing to note is that with these highend headphones, your soundcard isn't enough to push them, thus they won't be sound as good. An amplifier, or better yet, a headphone amplifier will bring out their full potential. Check out HeadPhone.com for more information/selections;)

Don't overlook the Koss Porta Pros either.

They're about the same pricerange as what you're looking at and are fantastic.

The downside is that they rest on the ear, instead of around the ear. The upside is that they're portable; so you can plug them in the walkman or MP3 player.

WhiteHawk said:
i know that sennheiser is the klipsch of headphones so i want them.

As a Grado fan, I believe that a better analogy would be "Sennheiser is the BMW/M-B of headphones." They are expensive, and a lot of other people like them, and that's about it. People who don't know much about cars are too quick to say that Benz's or BMW's are the best cars just because a lot of other people who don't know much about cars say the same thing. People who don't know much about headphones are too quick to say that Senn's are the best headphones around, when there a many other alternatives.

Sure, the SD-600's are great, but some of Senn's less expensive headphones are "un-so-great" compared to those of competetors. IMO, Senn should just stick to making high end headphones, and not tarnish their reputation on lower quality stuff. But that's just me :D

Back