• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beginner please read

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vegabond21

Registered
Ok this is my system specs. Xp 2200+ (AIRGA), 2 corsair 2700 CMX512-2700C2 ddr, sk7 with zalaman 39cfm 34db, artic silver 3, asus A7V8X mb. The most I can probably push is about 2000mhz while changing from default voltages. Now i'm wondering whats the max I can get out of overclocking revision A and what is the safest voltages I should stick with. Also another big question is I've seen a lot of people talk about revision B and it seems very interesting how i've seen 1700+ people with revision B push so far. I want to know what a revision b XP2200+ will be able to push. Thanks A lot for your time

A Beginner.

Well the max voltage will always depend on your temp of your cpu the lower the temps the more voltage you can give it. From what i gather the asus board will only go up to 1.85 volts anyway without modding it correct.

What are your cpu temps @ full load?

As for the rev b 2200+ you are better off getting @ 2100+b for these are far better overclockers.

I'll have to check it out

because my computer is currently not working but i'll have it up by thurs. How come the 2100+B clocks better htant he 2200+b?
Thanks

Back