• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electricity Bill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

s[H]sIkuA

Do your electricity bill increase much when using your pc ?
I know my does (24/7 FOLD@HOME) :D

Oh yeah, does Pc use more power compare to Television ....
my father is always complaining and even shut down my pc (no pressing keys!! press the power button ! :( :( :mad: )

Last edited:
Actually i'm pretty sure that the power your PC draws is very very little, i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure this is the case

considering there is no such thing as a 100% efficient power supply a 200 watt ps take a more than 200 watts of power to run, and so on and so on. the only variable is exactly how much of your power supply's supply is being used.

Well a 200 watt PSU will usually only provide about 170-180 watts really. Probably because of that very reason. But most times your computer isn't going to be using all that power. Although if you're heavily overclocked and running something like SETI or folding then it's going to use more power.

I pay my parents about $40 a month to run 5 AMD's 24/7 folding. Thats about how much the bill went up when I got home.

-Rav

Evil_Eye said:
Yes it does. I'm saving up for a solar panel system for the sole use of powering my PC. Just 3,500 more dollars to go...

Forget solar, get a wind generator.....500 watts for 700 bux

One of the folding team wrote something up on this once. Try searching the Folding forum for the thread.

David

thanks david , I really want to contribute to Fold@Home ...considering helping the world to cure disease ,yeap thats my main reason , helping OC32 team (thats 2nD) and third one is for testing my CPU under load stability

Power consumption isn't too bad, I figured an overclocked Athlon XP running 24/7 for 30 days costs me $10 /month, and that's not including the additinoal draw when/if I play games (then I'm tasking the video card more and that tends to draw more power)... it's nominal considering my car payment is 30 times that amount monthly :rolleyes:

Back