• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7M-266 multiplier question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Unfortunately no. =[
There is a mod for that motherboard that involves changing resistors and adding dipswitches, but beyond that there's nothing that can be done...Unless you know how to change the multiplier on the chip. I don't know which bridges control this though.

So the A7M266 is NOT for overclockers? This sucks. I have a the processor L1's bridged and noticed the multiplier setting in the bios is still not adjustable. I got the FSB up to 153 but fried my soundcard. How can I get the multiplier to work?

I ruined my board trying that stupid dip-switch modification!It's next to impossible unless you (or someone you know) has a billion dollars worth of surface mount equipment.If you do then goto Digikey.com and the replacement switches are part# 742C043471JCT and the switch you can get their also or at Radio Shack.

Also the board isn't bad for overclocking it would just be a hell of alot better if it had the x switch.Also Asus signed a contract w/AMD so they will not be revising this board with one either from my understanding.

The best overclocking DDR board would probably be the Epox 8k7a. I've also heard good things about the Abit KG-7 and the Gigabyte GA-7DXR.
The A7m266 isn't a bad board by any means, it's fast and stable. I've had my fsb up to 155 and it was solid as a rock. I would like to be able to change the multiplier too though.
Personally I'm just gonna alter the bridges on the cpu to change my multiplier.

The CPU multiplier mod simply requires a lot of soldering experience and the right tools.

The resistor array can be purchased---
Digi-Key
Item No. Y9471CT-ND

Minimum order is 10 /.096*10= $.96
$5 handling fee Plus shipping....

The dip switch at Radio Shack

Back