• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mace

I got a weird problem and I don't know if I am posting it in the right place, but maybe someone can help. When I am doing stuff on the computer every once in while it will do a double click instead of a single click. So when I am browsing the web and click the back button sometimes it goes back two pages instead of one and when I close a browser window it closes two. It does it in both browsers that I use IE and Mozilla. My PC is a duel boot with win98 and winXP and it does it in both OS's. It is also doing it on my other PC on my network that is running win98. I have even tried switching mice and had the same problem with both of them. I am totally stumped and am not sure if anybody can help.

the only thing I can think of is your accidentally double clicking or in your mouse propertices you have it so one of your buttons are double clicking. Go to the control panel and go to mouse to see if that is your problem

That happens to me sometimes too. More so if my system is overclocked very high. (So it seems anyway.) Is your system overclocked?

Nope, my system isn't overclocked. I think my left mouse button might be going out. I switched the buttons around for a lefty and my right mouse button works fine. The only mystery is why my old mouse was acting the same way. I think I am going to get a new mouse and see if that fixes it.

Back