• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS-6390 Battery?? Urgent!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude2

Hey,

just got a new motherboard - the MS-6390 (MSI)

there is a slot for a battery on the board. Was a battery meant to come with the board - in the box. or do i have to get one. if so where from and what is the type of batter i need.

Or - do i need a battery at all

Please help

pretty urgent!

Thanks

Jonny

You definitely need a battery. It should have come with the board. I would contact who you bought it off of to get one. They should be standard battteries for all the motherboards.

do you mean the silver disk-like battery, yes you need one, what it does is hold your computers settings stable in your CMOS chip.

If you don't want to RMA it, etc... look up the info on MSI's website, somewhere in the doc, it might mention the battery number.

Then jsut go to Radio Shack, purchase battery & pop it in. Home Depo & Lowes also have a variety of the small batteries.

The board is quite small. i have a big case not an small jobby

is this alright or do i have to get a bigger sized motherboard to fit into my case?

Your motherboard is a micro-atx form factor, so it depends on what kinds of form factors your case supports. Hold the motherboard up to the place where you mount it and see if the screw holes line up.

Last edited:
Back