• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AC14B8K Battery, no charge while laptop on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

Reportedly a laptop is not charging while powered on, only charges when completely off. (I am testing this claim to confirm as I type this). I checked the port and the port functions perfectly. The laptop does not run on the AC adapter alone. The laptop runs on battery power alone.

I have already ordered a new battery, but it'll be here in about 5 days. Does anyone know how to reset the battery if it is in a failure mode or safe state? AC14B8K battery. I want to confirm that the battery is the culprit. Willing to test Windows 10 fixes or safely messing with the IC's on the battery board.

Attachments

• E84vk.jpg
    E84vk.jpg
    569.8 KB · Views: 2
There is a batter reset button on this Acer and apparently many others. This did not solve my issue. My battery was worn. The full capacity was ~32Wh out of 48Wh design capacity so I replaced it. The actual problem was the port. I got good voltage readings on the contacts on the motherboard, but something was loose with that port. Working well after a replacement. The job was no easy task with the five through-hole pins!

Back