• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help quickly!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kent_b29

Hi, I'm having problems and i really need some help. I have a Abit Nf7 and today decided to update the bios. So I did that. and afterwards all booted up fine. So i was looking around the bios and decided to up my 2400+ to 166 x13. I save fine, but on the next power up it starts beeping like crazy high and low and everything so i shutdown, clear cmos and boot up again. All is cool so I try 150x14. That works and I can boot so I try 166x13 again. It beeps like mad again so I power off clear cmos and boot back up at stock settings. Now I can boot, but the system hangs at the windows xp welcome screen. What's wrong? I really need help quickly so anything would really be appreciated.

thanks,
Kent

First make all memory timings the slowest.
Try 166 x 10 first to be sure the memory is not the porblem, then increase the multi 1 by 1.
Increse the mem timings 1 by 1.

Back