• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

trying my hands out with a White water look a like

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

trying my hands out with a WW look a like

well after i make my waterblock i should have a peace of copper 1.5inches by 2inches. so i'm going to try this idea out. i plan to use a cutting wheel on my dremil to make the micro fins. maybe i'll get creative and make diagnal cuts in the fins along with the strieght cuts to make a little more turbulenc
http://deadphishy.freeservers.com/photo.html
first pic, it's not my best work took 10 mins on cad to do. i think i'm mostly going to wing it.
the top two pieces will be copper. unless i can't cut my 3/4 inch block into the 3 plates i need. then they will have to be plexi glass.

It looks more like Neomoses' block, but the principle behind all these blocks is similar at least. Have you thought about a nozzle for the impingement effect?

I think after you build a few blocks you will get over the need to use as much of the copper as possible. Depending on the thickness of the base plate, the cooling takes place in an area not much bigger than the core.

Not saying that the design won't work well, it's just going by old logic that you need as much of the block filled with water as you can.

Otherwise, I think it may outperform a maze3 by a small margin depending on the base thickness and suck. Again, good luck. I think the most fun is designing these things.

Back