• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrading For Friend... This'll work right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eil Atan

I am going to do an upgrade for a friend, all of this stuff should be alright I think, right? There isn't any overclocking to be done or anything, she just needs something that will run games better and also not crash all the time... she's on a K6-2 right now... sigh, I remember the days when I had one of those... I had to underclock it to make it work! we won't get into that though... anyway...

Asus A7V133a
Duron 850Mhz
Kingston 256MB PC133 RAM
Elsa Gladiac MX (GeForce 2 MX 400)
GlobalWin FOP 32-1 (should be fine if not o'ced right?)

That's a total of $520 singapore dollars, which is $230 US dollars. I think its a little under that actually, but roughly... :)

Should be fine right? Any suggestions? :)

That looks like a pretty good list of components.

Certainly should give pretty good gaming performance. The only thing I'd look into is maybe a GeForce2 Pro. The price shouldn't be much greater, but the performance is noticeably better.

looks like a really good setup
should provide you with a long,fruitful and speedy computer for your friend
and like richard i recommend the geforce2 pro if cheap,available,and the extra 3d is needed

good luck :)

Back