• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 2600+ D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rrster

Registered
Does any one know what the normal temp of this CPU's Diode reports. Mine seems too high. I have 2600+, 266 MHZ D version Chip, which I have oced to 333 FSB and runs good and stable no crashes so far.

I have A7N8X MOBO with Thermaltake Smarfan2 and SK800 copper cooler, and Diode temp according to MBM5 is 49 to 51.
It is running at 1.85V. It's stock Voltage suppoded to be 1.65.

I have another Machine running A7V8X 1800+ cpu oced to 2005 MHZ at 1.95Volt. which runs at 10 Degrees Cooler under the same environment. It also has same ThermalTake Smartfan II and Sk800 Copper Cooler.

I am using Arctic silver III from PCTOYS.

Room or case temp reported by MBM is 21 and Socket is at 52 on A7N8X and weird thing is A7V's Both Case and socket Temps are high 25 and 49 respectively.

Is my cpu really running that high.

A7N8X

Its probably ok.

Check your bios version on both boards and the version of Asus probe you've got. It makes a big difference in the temp reported, trust me. Mine went from 75C to 36C by changing the bios and Asus probe to newer versions.

PS- Not healthy for Tbreds to be above 1.85v for very long, and Asus A7N8X's overvolt by.05v. I have 2 Tbreds and both have lost their ability to exceed 2150 mhz and still run 3d apps.

Arkaine I using MBM5 not Asus Probe

Bios versions for A7V8X is 1011 and on
A7N8X I am using uber 1002A1. I think that is the latest.

also for the 1800+ oced chip I bought retail at 50 Bucks with 3 yr Warranty. so will see.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
im running a 2400+ b at 2327 mhz and 1.85v. i've already lost 50 mhz from day 1. i could oc it then at 2380. its about a week now and im at 2327, tho i believe most cpus run a bit faster the first few days they're oced. arkaine do you think ill stay at about 2300 at 1.85 or its too much and it will force me to lower the oc??

Tbreds

Its possible. Many will nay-say on this out of their love for AMD and their personal experiences.

But my 2400+ used to do 2304 mhz and now even 2154 won't run games.

My 2100+ used to do 2220, now only 2150.

Temps are mid 40's or lower for both chips.

arkaine you try reapplying Artic Silver? whenever that happens to me i reapply the good ol AS3 and then i can run the previous speeds w/ lower temps :D

thats happened to me twice and both times reapplying the paste helped..... i know people say that after a while artic silver lowers your temps but for me it has done just the opposite as i usually get like 3C higher temps a month or so after using a cpu than a few days after applying the grease

well they recomend that you reappy the arctic silver every 3-6 months for the best performance from it.

Back