• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Fanless VGA Heatpipe Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's where I saw it but before I buy it, I want to hear some feedback.

I have one installed on my GF3ti200 , pretty simple to setup but very large too as it will take up your pci slot next to your agp card.

I haven't done a lot of gaming with it yet to really test it out, I probably need to run some looping time demo's to really see how it effective it has been , but it seems to work just fine.

My main reason for buying it was to slowly quieten the pc down so that is one less fan for the pc :D

btw I got mine from SVC in less than 3 days :D

G@ZZ@ said:
I have one installed on my GF3ti200 , pretty simple to setup but very large too as it will take up your pci slot next to your agp card.

I haven't done a lot of gaming with it yet to really test it out, I probably need to run some looping time demo's to really see how it effective it has been , but it seems to work just fine.

My main reason for buying it was to slowly quieten the pc down so that is one less fan for the pc :D

btw I got mine from SVC in less than 3 days :D

Run some tests and post some numbers. If it performs better than stock air, I'll probably pick one up.

I have one and its great. I have it on my radeon 9700 pro. It allowed me to overclock it from 324/620 to 396/711 stable. If you get a fan to blow on the top and bottom of it you get even better cooling. I reccommend it.

Last edited:
DarkSide8416 said:
I have one and its great. I have it on my radeon 9700 pro. It allowed me to overclock it from 324/620 to 396/711 stable. If you get a fan to blow on the top and bottom of it you get even better cooling. I reccommend it.

Did you also use as3 when installing it?

You don't need it. I've got a 9700 Pro from straight from ATI, running with the stock cooler. No ram sinks, which is why my memory isn't that high, but my GPU is a 390, stable. I'm gonna get some ramsinks sometime soon so I can get my mem clock up, but I really don't think it'd be worth getting that big clunker. I mean, it's HUGE, heavy, and from almost every review I've read, it actually INCREASES the GPU temp, if you don't use a fan, and if you do use one, the temp drop is only like 3 degrees. Not worth 25-35 bucks to me.

Going from 324/620 to 396/711 is pretty nice increase. Very tempting

I have it on my 9700Pro to reduce noise and so I don't have to worry about frying my gpu if the fan fails. I haven't tried o/c'ing this setup yet but I want ramsinks on the memory before I try (too bad the Zalman HP-80 doesn't come with those). I don't have a temp probe installed but the bottom of the heatsink directly over the cpu gets warm to the touch (but not hot) after extended gaming and the upper heatsink is only tepid. I like it!
Tomac

I did some research on the web and I found out that it actually raises temperatures. It was recommended for people with good air flow in the case or have a fan blowing into the card. But I guess as long as it's stable......

I just want to find out if I can squeeze more juice out of my card.

The gold in video card overclocking is usually the memory, so I don't care that the cooler isn't the most powerful. Otoh, it is silent. That's what I like. My stock vcard fan was the loudest one in my system. Now I'm back to 2 Pabst Fans.

It's not a super overclocker, which is always the case with Zalman products.

My videocard fan doesn't really make a loud noise so noise is not the issue for me. I just want to get as much juice as I can from everything my computer has to offer.

Ok. I just wasted $25 bucks. I can overclock my videocard just as much with stock fan and heatsink.

Back