• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

chieftec walls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryuen

wondering how thick is the chieftec steel walls and their aluminum walls. is the steel walls very hard to cut with a dremel or a jig saw?

just be patient. dont expect the dremel to go through the panel really really easily because it wont. all yuo'll do is wear down teh bit if you try to force it. ive done some pretty neat cutting on mine at full speed. pm me if you want pics

ok got steel chieftec. imma gow ith jigsaw. wat power should i be looking for and rpm or watever its rated as?

You might want to take masking tape or duct tape and cover the area you want to cut. Tape where ever the base of the jig saw will sit on to aviod scratching up the surface of the case. TPI refers to teeth per inch. Make sure you use a blade that is specifically for metal. You will have to drill holes in the case to drop the blade into.

If possible cut on the back side (unpainted side) tape up the painted side with newspaper (don’t use the duct tape unless you like to clean the glue off after)

also where should i put it on? should i like clamp it? i dont have "professinal"workspace. can i just use the edge of a table?

That’s what I do, and I usually have a friend hold it while I cut it just take your time and make sure you don’t eat the edges of the table ;)

:eek: If you have a friend hold it, have him sign an agreement that you're not responsible for any damages.

Get some C-clamps and use those - suspend the panel firmly between two tables or something.

http://www.cuttingedgecasemods.com/windows/windows.htm

im getting a top and a large side. are those designs difficult to do? how difficult do you think it is? and also someone told me on another post NOT to use a jigsaw because it sucks (the 30 dollar one i was gonna get) and i dont know if it was just his opinion or if it really is true. he said those designs are kinda hard with ajigsaw and i should just use a dremel. true?

Back