• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about 1700+ stepping.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyfoid

which would you buy?

Ok, I am new the idea of stepping codes and such so I am wondering whcih you would buy a 1700+ JIUHB 0312 for or a 2100+ AIUHB 0301 and why?

If you chose the 2100, is it worth the additional $30?

Last edited:
Re: which would you buy?

Tyfoid said:
Ok, I am new the idea of stepping codes and such so I am wondering whcih you would buy a 1700+ JIUHB 0312 for or a 2100+ AIUHB 0301 and why?

If you chose the 2100, is it worth the additional $30?

usualy the lower the stepping the better the cpu.
stepping 1 means cpu needed to be "repaired" one time before working at that wanted speed.
stepping 0 means it worked from 1.st test...

but number you wrote are not stepping but markers
of when it was produced, where and so..

i'd say go for any DLT3C JIUHB XP1700+ ..... they are right now the best bang for the buck procs ..... will perform close to or equally as well as XP2100+ .......... at this point i don't think the numbers matter significantly as the average/maximum OC coming from them are within small margins and is what i'd say determined more by the implementation (what cooling is used/mobo/ram ..... and other factors)

Back