• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some bad (but not unexpected) news.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Disco_Stu

Ok, I finally got in touch with the VP of Technology here at the university, and F@H on the student labs is a no go. There are some legitimate concerns, like the labs are shut down at midnight everynight, and re-ghosted twice a week, but his main reasoning was "University computers should benefit paying students only". I thought that was kind of prickish, to say the least.

That was great that you asked Disco, even if our team received 99 'no's' every 1 'yes' helps out the cause and the team.

Great effort, keep trying to find places to borge.

Wedo

I tried to get my college cpus, but the network admin said no, i even gave him the weblink to stanford, its a shame too, they just upgraded to p4's :(

"University computers should benefit paying students only". I thought that was kind of prickish, to say the least.

Couldnt agree with you more there. All the same good try, and for every person thats rude you still have hope becasue there are always others like us.

BORG ON
-SSXIX HEAT SCORE!!!!!

Originally posted by Your ******* VP of Tech.
University computers should benefit paying students only

That was kind of prickish. He should have found a better way of saying that. Maybe he just didn't understand what it was for.

But I mean, I can't blame him for not allowing it. Most schools have policies that say exactly that, and he can't really step over the rules... VP or not.

But nice try...

~JeFF

Yea, millions of cycles every second for nothing. But hey, Im transfering schools next semester. maybe Ill have better luck there :cool:

Universities are very competative when it comes to research. I'm not too surprised, but he could have been a little more tact in his response. If FAH was just some 3rd party and not a Univ. he probably would have OK'd it. Well that sucks, atleast you tried :)

-Rav

illwillchill said:
I would ask my school (University of Washington) but they have their own team so I doubt they would help us.

That's great that they have there own team.

Every little bit helps.

Back