• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy does it again....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sjaak said:
Do it, and have a friend with a camera stand by...

Like I said ... TEMPTING as all heck , (I like the camera idea ) lol ....

I'll see about posting some pics of the bills soon and see what ya think . ;) :D

Last edited:
$1 bills have an angel face on them (no president)
$2 bills a have Santa face and in COLOR (no president)

Both bills were printed for sale during Christmas time , for charity .

You know I'd go to jail for sure on the Santa one ... ROFL ! ( but it is a REAL $2 bill) I have only a few of these , but Iam sure it would cause more than a little trouble at the cashier counter . heh heh

*click on pic to enlarge*

2BILLS.jpg

1DOLLOAR.jpg

2DOLLAR.jpg

Last edited:
Those are awsome, buy a cd and use one of them, but make sure the camara is discreetly hidden.
The guy was not hassaling best buy he was hassaling a random person that worked for best buy. If I kick a radio shack guy in the balls, thats not hurting radio shack, thats hurting the random person working there.

Nice, never knew about the 1 Dollar one but I've heard about the 2 Dollar one, just never seen one. Thats pretty damn sweet.

This reminds me... someone go and try to scan in some money (like a new $20) and open it in Photoshop CS and see what happens :)

That is awesome man, you really should do that. I don't mean to be a d*** but it's kind of borderline to post pics of money, you might want to edit your post.

http://www.moneyfactory.com/document.cfm/18/117

3. All negatives, plates, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices, and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof shall be destroyed and or deleted or erased after their final use in accordance with this section.

Yeap. I've done it before and had a thread on it a whial ago, but I can't manage to get a good enough image for it to refuse it again :p

Xtreme Barton said:
i dont understand how its the police's fault.. they got called and investigated ..they did there job....

the best buy people caught a *un-noted* flaw in a purchase so they called (maybe not in the right way .. they follwed up, they did there job).

he went in totally willing and ready to be an *** and not say anything about the guy or where he worked or what he looked like anything.. he then paid and lucked turned out one bled a bit... they in turn did what they should have and called authority.. authority came investigated and concluded .. end of story ..

i think he's mad cause they didnt apologize for something they didnt have to ..

the whole time he thought i got a deal not paying installation.. when he got called on it he got mad he had to pay.. didnt even question the free installation mixup.. just came in ready to be a jerk and some how get over on them with $2 dollar bills ..

dumbest thing ever...

reminds me reading the poor guy who opened his monitor box from them and it was a board and a brick .. lol

First off, paying with bank issued legal tender bills is not "getting over on them." It may be a private joke and personal way to LEGALLY resolve the dispute, but in NO way was it even questionable.

As for being arrested, don't the police need evidence of a CRIME to arrest you? Don't they have to have positive proof?
"Hey, I think you might have broken a law, so I'm gonna arrest you just in case... because I don't know the laws myself even though I uphold them..."

Being a jerk is having an employee tell a customer that his install is free as a result of a mistake, and then calling to threaten him instead of saying "we made a mistake, could you please pay what we feel is due." BY LAW he didn't need to pay AT ALL once he was told it was free and he left. that was the employee's fault, and the manager needed to take it up with him. It's the same law that requires items marked at a certain price to be sold at that price regardless of what it "should" cost.

Last edited:
Lets say this again. "THIS NOTE IS LEGAL TENDER, FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE"

Public means Best Buy!

Private means any Joe Blow has to accept it as well!

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but the next person that says he should not have tried to pay with 2 dollar bills, is a moron. THATS WHAT THE MONEY IS MADE FOR!

It's called the Bartering system, and it has been in effect for quite a long time.

I can't find the actual law, but I am pretty sure it states (x-100). Meaning you can't pay with more than 100 pennies, 100 nickles, 100 dimes, 100 Quaters, on and on and on. 57 is less than 100.

man this really makes me want to get a pricecheck on an item and then proceed to pay for it in 2 dollar bills, 50cent peices and susan b anthony dollars

stuff likes this happens when people with below average IQ and common sense (most Cops), are given position of power and authority. sorta like Ann Culter calling pie throwing an "act of terrorism" and being serious about it. $50 says the cops and the best buy people voted for Bush. (if you agree with the cops and you voted for Bush, this should be a compliment to you.)

TheGreySpectre said:
man this really makes me want to get a pricecheck on an item and then proceed to pay for it in 2 dollar bills, 50cent peices and susan b anthony dollars

yeah, i say we do this. lets all start screwing with best buy. that would be fun, in fact, you might see in the news. "22 year old phoenix man accidently arrested for using counterfeit money."

Back